I have had chimney caps on my home inspection reports in Southern Maryland. Once upon a time, I learned the guard way that I also needed one. I heard all this noise in my chimney and realized a bird was stuck. I hired a chimney guy to get the bird out..and one new chimney cap later...
Why Install Chimney Rain Caps On Your Chimney in Sacramento
I recently posted about a rush on the purchase of chimney rain caps in the Sacramento area - Chimney Rain Caps in Sacramento? In August? I still do not know why there is such a rush on these protective devices, but they are important to have. I hope that the merchants who sell the Rain Caps increase their inventories before the winter rainy season in Sacramento.
Five Good Reasons To Install Chimney Rain Caps
- 1. Keep the rain and snow out - The cap covers the opening at the top of the chimney stack and diverts the water and snow away from the cavity. You don’t want water running down the chimney stack.
- 2. Prevents sparks from escaping – The cage on the cap will help to reduce the hot embers from drifting out and causing problems in the surrounding area. The cage doesn’t restrict the flow of air out of the stack.
- 3. Reduces the amount of debris – Surrounding trees and vegetation can be a source of debris found inside a chimney stack; a cap can help to block the debris from getting in.
- 4. Block out the animals – Birds, squirrels and rodents can crawl into an unprotected chimney; a protective cage stops these unwanted invaders from flying and crawling inside.
- 5. Downdraft prevention – Ever have a fire going and the smoke blow into the room on a windy day? Covering the stack will greatly prevent this from occurring. It will not completely stop it but the cover does a great job at blocking the flow of air into the building.
So if you are having difficulty finding a new chimney rain cap in Sacramento, keep looking, they are a good thing to have on your home. Need help finding or installing the unit? Give us a call if you are in the Sacramento area.
View Larger Map
Specialists in Dry Rot and Water Damage Repairs
Specializing in Dry Rot and Water Damage Repairs
Water Damage Repair in Sacramento Dry Rot Repair Contractor in Sacramento