What an invaluable list. When I see something this stellar, I reblog it to share, send it to Evernote so it gets in my Projects List, or both. So this is a both. I am missing quite a few of these. Angie's List, City Search, Yellowbook, Supermedia, YellowPages and Bing here I come!
How can you get more exposure, brand recognition, consumer confidence and turn visitors into customers? Online directories could be the missing link to your online marketing efforts. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of online directories to choose from. These directories are designed to help online users locate your website and are find the information they are looking for. They also help businesses increase their Internet traffic and improve customer recognition, thus boosting confidence in your products and services.
Why Should You Register on the Top Directories?
- Websites are categorized so they are easily found using search engines.
- Linking websites to one another provides easier access and SEO.
- Increased traffic to your website.
- Consumers are able to find out more about specific companies.
- Boosts Search Engine Optimization (SEO) keywords helping you receive higher SERPs (search engine result pages) rankings.
- Helps your business website stand out to potential customers.
What Results Can You Expect?
- Increased website traffic
- Increased SERP rankings
- More reciprocal links to your website
- More interactions with customers
- The ability to share deals, promotions, press releases and other special events with customers.
- A better and more comprehensive online appearance
What Directories are a "Must"?
Here's a small sampling of some of the best directories; ones you should be listed on. These sites all provide free listings with opportunities for upgrades.
- Google Places
- Merchant Circle
- Yellow Pages
- City Search
- Angie's List
- Active Rain
Additionally, you should have a business page on Facebook. This is separate from your personal space and is where you should be directing your visitors. I hope this list helps get you started with your online marketing.
Please let me know if you have other directories you've found to be a valuable resource for promoting you and your business. If you run out of time (and who doesn't), contact me and I'll be happy to help.