This is really interesting. I went the route of Go to Meeting to get a product up and running right now to use with clients. I will have to compare the differences to see which product works consistently and seamlessly for different client needs.
Tired of reading that Google+ is cool with nothing to back it up? I've been using Google+ for a while. Over time it has grown and clearly shown itself to be a great social network for business purposes. Why? I'll tell you but you have to keep reading. Rather than the usual hype, how about a few examples of how best to use it? You'd be surprised all the powerful features this network has that can help you with everything from lead generation to initial meetings.
Google+ for Lead Generation with Agents
When you sign up for Google Plus you start adding people you create "Circles". You can have as many as you want and if you organize them right, they can be used to send very targeted posts. For example:
- Create a circle called "East Coast Agents" (or any other topic you like)
- Write a blog article about relocating from the East Coast to the West Coast
- Share the post with your circle "East Coast Agents"
Now you're not spamming everyone else and you are targeting your message to the right people. You could run a campaign that includes blogs, external articles, and more that sends the right message to the right people. It's easier to control WHO gets your message in Google Plus compared to other networks.
Google+ Events for Agents and Clients
Do you have the latest market stats and tips for buyers or sellers? Why not hold an online event to show what you know? All you have to do is set up an "event" and follow the same basic instructions as for setting up a hangout.
- Schedule the event
- Send out invitations to circles (friends, past clients, etc)
- Host the event
- Have a "call to action" asking for follow up--creates leads!
I'm going to look at doing one of these each month to see what kind of buzz I can build. This is part of my 2013 business plan. I'll do these for agents and prospects with topics from relocation to expanding your home.
Google+ Hangouts with Clients
One of the best features is the "Hangout". It's sort of like Skype except that you can share your screen, make a presentation, have a live call, and record it all for later playback - ALL FOR FREE AND ALL AT ONCE!
- To set up a Hangout just do this:
- Click on "Events" in the left column of Google+
- Click "Plan your next hangout"
- Type in the name, set the date/time, and enter email addresses to invite others
Once you join a Hangout you can see and hear anyone attending. This is great for meeting with relocation clients anywhere in the world, business professionals who don't have time to meet in person, and others. Using a Hangout will save you time and money! You can also:
- CHAT: Left side, first option, is used to talk by text during a live conversation
- SCREENSHARE: Second option, is used to share your screen including browser or other applications
- YOUTUBE: Record your meeting to store on Youtube (useful so clients can review information later)
You can also go mobile! If you have the Google+ app on your phone (yes, they have a version for iPhone) then you can have your meetings out in the world. What could you do with a mobile Hangout app and a good smartphone? How about:
- Do a home tour or walk-through for remote clients
- Preview a home for a client...in real-time
- Show the client the neighborhood
- Or just work from anywhere...be The Lincoln REALTOR
It's much more than just a social media network. Google+ and all the features it offers are really a valuable business tool. Used correctly, they can make you stand out from the crowd and look like you can do it all. What are you waiting for? Sign up!
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe HERE!
Want to know more about me? Just Google Me!
Bryan Robertson, Broker Associate | T: 650.799.9951 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: http://www.BryanRobertsonHomes.com |CA License: 01191946 | Sereno Group - Los Altos branch | 369 S. San Antonio Road | Los Altos, CA 94022
Find Me Online!
Recent Articles from Bryan's Blog