Here are some great tips for jazzing up your bathrooms prior to putting your home up for sale. Some are not that expensive. It can be as simple as towels and hardware and lamps. Check out these photos for a few great house preparation ideas.
Home Staging Tips in Boca Raton-10 Easy Bathroom Projects.
When giving home staging tips during my Staging Consultations in Boca Raton , the bathroom is always an area I address. If you’re planning on selling your home in Boca Raton, or even if you’re looking for an easy Interior Redesign of your home here are 10 Easy Bathroom projects you can do.
Every bathroom is different in size and design but you can tailor these tips to suit your area. The list begins with the easiest and least expensive, with #10 being a larger investment of your time and money.
You choose what works for you and your budget.
10 Easy Bathroom Projects-
1. Fluffy, solid towels- If you received your current set of towels as a wedding gift, then chances are it’s time to relegate them to the “special projects” bin. Large, fluffy solid colored or white towels can add a touch of elegance to your bathroom. Target and other similar retail stores have Egyptian cotton towels that look as plush as any spa!
2. Ditch the “themed” shower curtain- keep it simple. Remove the ruffles and heavy fringed valances that can overwhelm your bathroom.
3. Artwork- why not display some of your favorite art in the bathroom. A favorite piece over your towel rack can make it special.
4. Invest in storage- Let your buyers see the vanity. You can find storage boxes and bins of all sizes that will hold items you use daily and that can be stored under your sink.
5. Add a small lamp- Depending upon the size of your vanity, adding a small lamp will add a soft light to the room and give it a spa appeal.
6. New hardware for cabinets, towel hooks - this is one of the quickest changes you can make that will have a strong impact. Take a look at what your hardware and plumbing fixture stores are selling and talk to a consultant there to see what will fit in your bathroom.
7. Frame or update your mirror. If your mirror is desilvering or if you have the basic wall of mirror above your vanity, consider framing it. You can go to your local hardware store and have frame cut to fit your mirror or go online at MirrorMate.com.
Ok.... the final 3 may require you to hire a professional and open your wallet a little wider. It ‘s your choice and your budget!
8. Remove wallpaper and Paint- nothing says “I’m old” like old outdated wallpaper. Flowers have their place but not on your wall. Depending up your cabinets, they may benefit from a fresh coat of paint.
9. Update lighting - If you have the builder basic strip of round bulbs over your bathroom sink, then you’re a prime candidate for an update. You’ll need to measure the existing fixture and determine what’s behind it as well. Take a look at the latest lighting trends at your local hardware or lighting store.
10. Replace counter tops and sinks - replacing your bathroom countertop and sink can really give your bathroom a fresh updated look. Again, what you do will depend upon the style and size of your bathroom as well as your time and budget.
These 10 Home Staging Tips for your Boca Raton house are not “musts” for your home to sell. It’s up to you to decide what works for your budget and time frame.
Why not give your house the best opportunity
to shine in your Buyers’ eyes.