What a great roadmap to learn the do's and don'ts of real estate video marketing. The recent Ross Hair Video Marketing Class also highlighted that the two minute guideline was becoming more like a minute as a correct goal for max video length.
Got a video camera? Ready to be on Air Talent? Got a PLAN???
Let's get the plan part figured out.
Planning is great, you should have a plan for what is in the video, and what you are doing with the video - that said: Don't go overboard with the planning, sometimes execution is the key to getting things out the door - in my experience a few videos done, is far better than a few plans on paper.
Two kinds of plans here:
- Video CONTENT plan (think a story board with maybe a shot list to make sure you get it all - OR - just a rough outline of what is going in the video).
- Video STRATEGY plan (Why this video, how does it tie in with the rest?).
Today, let's work on the strategy:
If one vblog post can get you good position on google - how about 10?
Here is how I go about it - figure out the neighborhoods you want to dominate online, lets say it's Harveston. Make the plan for he 10 videos:
- 3-4 videos are home tours - easy in and out, if you already have one, make it shorter - 90 secs.
- 3-4 videos are neighborhood features, think the park, playground, community center, etc - again 90 secs.
- The remaining videos are local business and profiles - NEW CONSTRUCTION is worth gold on this (they advertise, you piggy back).
You don't have to make all these in the next 20 miniutes, but make a list and check them off as you go, when you have them all, clear out your browser and check your position - Chances are very good that you have several spots on the front page, and since 47% of all clicks happens in the top 5 organic results - that's just where you want to be.
here are my golden rules for video:
90 secs max (yes, I blow into 1:48 a lot, but try to not get to 2 minutes) 90 secs is the fall asleep threshold for your audience.
Steady camera - I had clienrs early complaining about seasickness... Head over here to see how to use your tripod for video
Strategize the posts - you want to own xyz neighborhood? Then do 5 houses and 5 local things.
One more thing, attack new construction, Bob is right, I have looked at old posts with new construction and have over 1000 clicks on some of them...