What you say can and will be used against you summarizes this. More important, it counts for your Neighbors, too. And your idle Facebook chat. Remember the expression that loose lips sink ships while answering questions. This keeps the conversation in perspective.
We've done this before: spilling the beans for the sake of having a friendly conversation, especially people here in Frisco TX. A recent experience brought a new awareness for me as a responsibility towards my Frisco TX home seller clients.
I usually advise my sellers not to be at the house when the buyers visit. That's not hard to understand how their presence may make the buyers uncomfortable. But more importantly, by being there, sometimes the buyers may ask questions the sellers are not prepared to answer.
- Why are you selling?
- Where are you moving to?
- How's your timing about moving out?Sometimes these quetions are asked just for the sake of having a friendly discussion. But smart people can pick up alot of information in the answers as well as the body language.However, in my recent experience, it wasn't the home sellers that spilled the beans. It was the sellers' neighbors. Again, just for the sake of having a friendly conversation.
- "Oh, they've been gone for a while now. His parent is sick and they have to move back closer to home".
- "They are getting a divorce".So on and on and on. The longer you talk, the more you know. At some point, there could be just too much information that can hurt negotiation. Remember, in real estate negotiations, information is power. More than what an average "friendly and nice" Texan know.Think about it the next time you involuntarily give up information.
CALL TODAY (214) 783-2210
- Loreena Yeo lives, plays and works in Frisco TX since 2000.
- Owner/ Broker of 3:16 team REALTY - a local Real Estate Company.
- Moving to Frisco TX? The UNOFFICIAL Ambassador of Frisco TX.
- Search Frisco TX homes now.
- Position you to become an informed, ready Frisco TX home buyer.
- Find out how Loreena sells homes in 1/3 of time than the average local Realtor®.
- Be an informed real estate consumer in Frisco TX.
- Read raving fans' reviews.
Content & Photography Copyright © 2012 by Loreena Yeo (3:16 team REALTY)
Dont Let Your Neighbors Sell You Out