I agree with this Las Vegas agent, Renee.
Gotta love having a buyer consultation going on and then your phone just literally blows up. Five calls in 4 minutes from the same big branded Las Vegas Resort phone number!
I finish the call with serious buyer.
- me: Good afternoon this is Renee Burrows.
- caller (whom I have never heard from till today): I would like to see properties in two hours, are you available?
- me: What are you looking for?
- caller: :insert any unlikely scenario here:
- me: Are you going to be financing or paying for this in cash?
- caller: Financing.
- me: Do you have an approval letter?
- caller: Yes!
- me: Could you have your lender fax or email that to me?
- caller: :stuttering and giving the best great excuse they could think of to avoid sending me the PA letter:
- me: What are your real estate goals?
- caller: :stutter again:
There is a lot of stuttering because we have plenty of tourists who just want to see Las Vegas property. I have an appointment policy in place (and it is fairly simple to follow yet stringent.)
Let’s say you walk into a doctor with a little neck pain and he says “OK let’s go to the operating room”. As the patient you would be mortified with skipping just *a couple* of steps that leads you to the operating room.
As a Realtor and licensed real estate professional, there are many times I am absolutely mortified when I get that call from a potential buyer that I have never had contact with and they want to see properties in an hour or two.
Let’s go back to your neck pain. First, you would receive a consultation from your doctor, he or she would probably ask questions about the nature of the pain and what type of injury may have caused it. The doctor would probably order tests and do an examination prior to making a decision about surgery.
I have this appointment policy for a reason. Buying a home in today’s Las Vegas real estate market is no “emergency”.
It takes time, effort, consultation and an abundance of patience to get to the closing table. So slow down there hot rod if you want to make it to the finish line!!