On my action list!
This tutorial is for people who also use Posterous as a blogging platform besides ActiveRain and other solutions.
We at RealBird have 3 blogs:
ActiveRain is our most active one in terms of engagement and communication and we use it - just like with this post - to reach out to real estate professionals with tips, tutorials and announcements, and not just about RealBird but also about other related technologies and trends. Our RealBird corporate blog is mostly for RealBird related posts and is more formal with much less comments but with good SEO. Finally, we use Posterous for quick sharing of random stuff. For us, it's like a social sharing platform of interesting things, one that enables us to quickly add rich media, but without the overhead of the full-blown blog post authoring. We also set Posterous to autopost these content to Twitter, just like ActiveRain does. The three platforms nicely complement each other in terms of our expectations, content, engagement and activities.
I won't get into the details of the Posterous setup here. It's very straightforward. Just follow the instructions here. I am going to show however how to use the Posterous bookmarklet to quickly post your RealBird listings there. When I say quickly, I mean with practically no efforts, in less than a minute per listing. The beauty of this solution is that Posterous automatically picks up the RealBird slideshow from your RealBird property website and creates a nice presentation automtically.
Here are the one-time setup steps:
- Have a RealBird account with your listings and property photos published
- Have a Posterous blog - connect it to Twitter etc. for even more auto-syndication.
- Drag the Posterous bookmarklet from this page to your browser's toolbar as shown belowSee below a RealBird property website that we shared on our own Posterous blog as an example a month ago.Here is the RealBird single property website and this is the Posterous post live Listing courtesy of Jamal Noorzoy of Alan Pinel RealtorsHow to share your RealBird listings on Posterous
- Create a RealBird single property website
- Load your RealBird listing in the browser
- Click "Share on Posterous" bookmarklet on your toolbar
- Posterous wil load the RealBird slideshow automatically into the pop-up window. It also adds a link to your RealBird site below it and also fills in the title for you. You can just hit Post now and your are done. For better SEO however, I suggest to change to title for some variation of what you used on RealBird in order to target additional long tail searches. You can also add additional text to the post easily so your visitors know what they are looking at: Just click the editor area on the pop-up and enter some description and call-for-action above the slideshow. Then click OK and then Post. That's it. It's very easy and quick.See the screenshot of the Posterous popup window below:Our goal is to make it very easy for you to publish your listing only once on RealBird and to get widespread distribution via automatica listing syndication and few-click sharing. The Posterous solution fits perfectly into this concept. It's easy, fast and powerful, both in terms of SEO and social media reach.Enjoy.Related posts: