Anything Twitter or Google catches my attention!
A Simple Twitter Cheat Sheet for Real Estate Professionals to Generate Leads, Brand Your Business, Create Referral Partners, and Manage Your Reputation
Why Twitter? The news is in....Twitter users will now have an added advantage of their conversations appearing on the search engine results pages of Google and Bing. I have seen the indexing of tweets on Google as well as on Bing firsthand. Twitter can be used to brand your business, lead generation, to create referral partners, and even retain business through responsive reputation management. If you haven't started adding Twitter into your online marketing, it's time to engage.
When to Tweet
You can tweet everyday of the week. Make sure to to tweet on Wednesdays and Thursdays for maximum effect as they are the most active days of tweets and retweets as found by HubSpot's State of the Twittersphere June 2009.
Where to Find Local Peeps on Twitter
There are many directories and Apps for Twitter to help you find locals. Submit your twitter handle(s) and follow locals. Become engaged in local conversations on Twitter.
1. Twellow- Twitter Yellow Pages.
2. GeoFollow- Location based Twitter Directory.
3. Local Tweeps- Zipcode level Twitter directory.
4. twvite- Find and attend a local tweetup(locals who twitter meeting together offline.
5. Twitter Local- Gives you a feed of tweets based on location.
6. Nearby Tweets- Find twitter users in locations near to where you live.
7. Happn.in- Tracks local twitter users near to where you live.
How to Customize Your Background On Twitter
First impressions are important for branding and your background page on Twitter is no exception. Your Twitter background is a great opportunity to brand your business.
Here are 7 free applications you can use to customize your background:
1. Twitter Patterns- Abstract twitter patters you can use for free for your Twitter background.
2. Twitbacks- Free customized twitter background with full about section.
3. Twitpaper- Free Twitter themes.
4. Prettytweet- Customize your twitter background. You can add images, change color and change text.
5. TwitterImage- Free backgrounds grouped in various categories.
6. Freetwitterdesigner-Create custom twitter backgrounds.
7. Twitrounds- Free Twitter backgrounds.
What to Tweet
Twitter is a great way to prospect for business and engage in conversations.Here are a few ways to find some useful things to tweet about and get people's interest.
You can join Twitter here.1. Twitter Lights-Application that lets you highlight information you find interesting and send as a Tiny URL to Twitter.2. WhatTheHashTag- Tracks trending hashtags and other hashtags on Twitter.3. Tweetag-Search for topics on Twitter and setup alerts to get notified when your keywords are being talked about on Twitter.4. Twitlink-What links are being shared and what is being tweeted on Twitter.5. StufftoTweet- Popular topics on the worldwide web.6.PlusPlusBot- Karma on Twitter.
7. Twitter Answers- Ask questions and get answers on Twitter.
How to Monitor Tweets to Generate Leads and Retain Business
Monitor Keywords Topics, and Links on Twitter...Then Engage. These 6 applications will help you track keywords and topics on Twitter allowing you to monitor your brand and generate leads.
1. Tweetbeep- Set up alerts that will be sent to your email when your topics/keywords are tweeted.
2. Tweetscan-Do a search for keywords and get results sorted by most recent tweets.
3. Samepoint- Tracks conversations across the web based on your keywords. A must use tool for prospecting and marketing.
4. Tweetmeme- Tracks the most popular links on Twitter.
5. Monitter- Allows you to monitor multiple keywords in a grid in real time on Twitter.
6.Twitscoop- Robust application for tracking keywords, topics, and conferences.
Best CRM for Twitter-Hootsuite- Manage your contacts by grouping, manage multiple twitter handles (user accounts), keep searches running, synch up with your Wordpress blog, analyze your twitter traffic and so much more.
These tools are recommended twitter tools to create an effective strategy for lead generation, reputation management and branding for real estate professionals. Do not use all the tools. Choose one or two from each list that will get the job done for you. I have whittled down the Twitter applications from the worldwide web and there are probably a half dozen new Twitter applications born for every one that already exists every week. Don't concentrate on that.
Concentrate on the tools that will make your Twittering effective and then just do it. Stop by and make sure to say hi to me while you tweet.
If you enjoyed these tips then sign-up for the weekly Real Skillz Real Estate Marketing Newsletter which has a static Twitter column with Tips to make your twittering efforts effective. It's delivered to your Inbox every Tuesday.
For All Real Estate ProfessionalsFor Email Marketing you can trust
For Real Estate Professionals Who Are RealSkillz Clients
If you're a current RealSkillz client look in your inbox for the debut of the RealSkillz Real Estate Marketing newsletter for clients with tips on how to use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and new how to's. This newsletter is only for clients and will debut on Tuesday, January 12, 2010.
Rebecca D. Levinson is a real estate marketing consultant with 17 years of experience serving real estate professionals. Real estate marketing services include
- Blogging- See my Blogging Tune-Up Website for Details
- Social Networking
- Niche Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Branding- See my Branding Sanity Website for Details
- Offline Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Special Events Promotion and Marketing
- Holiday Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Email Marketing (Content and Design)
- Reputation Management
If you treat real estate as a business then Real Skillz is a desirable real estate marketing solution. Call #262-203-5231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.