Simply says it all....move in condition is........
Move-in condition is a phrase commonly used in realty ads.
To a buyer this phrase tells them they can move into this house on a Friday, put their belongings away over the weekend and go to work on Monday settled into their new home.
What does it mean and how does it apply to your house?
Move-in condition means:
- there is no deferred maintenance. The taps do not drip. The heating and cooling system is in good condition. Doors and their hardware work and do not bind. There are no maintenance issues.
- large items like roofing, furnace, air conditioner, flooring and windows do not need to be replaced in the near future.
- the house does not require painting inside or out until the buyer is ready to make the changes they envision. The envelope is neutral so their furnishings look good. There are no marks or chips in the paint.
- the kitchen has been renovated or updated. The buyer can see themselves using the kitchen without making changes.
- the bathrooms have been renovated or updated. Again, the buyer feels they are ready for use.
- the flooring is in good shape and does not require replacing.
- the house is clean. The kitchen and bathrooms are sparkling. The carpeting and tile is shampooed and stain free. The appliances are clean inside and out.
- the yard maintenance has been kept up.
It can be hard to look at your home with an objective eye. You have many memories that colour your view. What you have learned to live with may put off your buyer.
A home Stager or Realtor can look at your home with the eyes of a buyer and help you decide what needs to be done. These professionals can make sure your time and money is spent wisely to get the best ROI.
Is your home in move-in condition?