Here's some great, affordable spruce up ideas!
By spending $100 or less, a home owner could improve their home and make their surroundings more enjoyable. Since it is winter and colder outside, this is the time of year when more people focus on staying home more and inside home updates.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. One thing my family always enjoys is new bedding. Now is the time to pickup a new "bed in a bag" for your master bedroom and change your look. With places like Walmart carrying brands like Better Homes and Gardens bedding and pillows, you can pick up a complete bedding set plus some extra decorative pillows for under $100.
Picture is Walmart.com, Better Homes & Garden Bedding Set Spice
2. Update your bathroom faucet to a more modern one. It may take you a little time looking online to find a style you like that is under $100, but is can change the entire look of your sink. Most home owners are able to change out a faucet on their own since all the existing piping is already there.
3. Update all the towels and bathmat in one of your bathrooms. This is another great way to completely transform the room with an entirely new color scheme for a relatively small amount of money.
Picture is from Kohls.com, Greenbriar 3 Piece Towel - $36
4. Paint your walls a different color. This is the easiest way to have a huge impact in a room. A gallon of Benjamin Moore interior paint runs between $30-$40 in my area and is a fantastic paint. Color can influence mood and make a small room look larger (by selecting a light, reflective color).
5. Hire an interior decorator or home stager for 1 hour to come to your home and help you decide on what needs to be done. Most decorators and home stagers charge under $100 per hour and can give you invaluable information such as what paint color to use on your walls or where to position your extra large sofa. Believe me, this will be the best money you spent because the results will have a lasting effect in your home.
Kate's Home Staging and Redesign, specializes in home staging, interior design, home decorating, home decor discounts, semi-custom window coverings, and color consultation. Call Kate for your design consultation at 845-538-3623 or visit www.kateshomestaging.com