This is a great tool to remember! Let me google that for you....
A Realtor friend at our Keller Williams Office recently found a nifty Google application that was created to be a mock toward whomever you select as its recipient. He sent it to me as a gag, but my mind started working and I thought, it could be used as a great tool.
The application is called "let me Google than for you". The slam is obviously directed at the receiver suggesting, why didn't you Google it yourself. My thought is using it in a pre-listing appointment e-mail, at least for the times you know the results will be favorable to you.
Here is how it works:
- Set up the appointment and explain that you will be sending your pre-listing package via email
- Make sure it is a neighborhood that you have been blogging about and will show prominent on the first Google page
- Go to http://lmgtfy.com/ and type in the search phrases that will yield your blogs or websites the best results
- Copy the link from "let me Google that for you" (lmgtfy). (available in long form or tinyurl)
- Paste the link in your pre-listing email with a brief explanation of the importance of internet presence of their listing agent and instructions to check it out for their selves
If you have been blogging about the neighborhood and using the same key words and phrases, guess who will dominate the top ten Google search results. If they have opened the email they will be ready to list with you by the time you get there.
Here is an example below of how it works in my neighborhood. The last time I looked 7 of the top 10 here are mine.
or if you want to be a bit more subtle use the tinyurl code below
If you don't dominate a neighborhood search now, what are you waiting for, get blogging and get a leg up on those listing appointments.
Have you any suggestions on how this might apply to buyers too.
The opinions expressed by The Activerain Network and it's members and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of Mike Nastri Keller Williams Realty - Franklin, TN neither Mike Nastri or the Keller Williams Realty Franklin office, which is independently owned and operated are responsible for the accuracy or content provided by The Community.Links to Mike Nastri past Real Estate blogs, Listings, or Market Reports.Contact Mike for the most recent listings and market information.