I like the way this shows the Seller how much control they have over the entire home selling process. Also, it highlights the role the market place plays and therefore the adjustments that need to be made as a result. This also shows the importance of taking the time to review the agent's promotion tools!
I can assure you I have seen and adapted to many changes in the real estate business since I was licensed in 1976.
However, there are six factors in the business that were there in 1976 that will be there long after I leave the real estate business.. Although they can be stated in different ways there are only six factors that affect the sale of a home.
It is important for you, as the seller, to understand who or what has control over them and how they impact on each other.
- You control 3 of the 6
- The Market controls 2 of the 6
- Your REALTOR® controls 1 of the 6
1. Price - You determine list price for your home. However, a list price above the market for homes similar to yours will impact negatively on buyer interest in making an offer. As your REALTOR® I will review price history with you to assist you in making a list price determination.
2. Terms - Buyers have requirements just as sellers do. Your willingness to respect them and be willing to negotiate which terms will be acceptable to both parties can have a very positive impact. Price and Terms will usually be negotiated at the same time.
3. Condition - How well you have maintained the home will influence both your price and length of time to sell. The pool of buyers who are willing to make major repairs is much smaller than the pool of buyers who want a home that has been well maintained.
THE MARKET Controls
4. Timing - Economic conditions operate independently of price, terms and property condition. Similarly, seasons and weather factors can affect the time it takes to sell a home.
5. Competition - The number of homes on the market most certainly bears heavily on your ability to sell your home on a timely basis.
YOUR REALTOR® Controls
6. Promotion - From entry into the Multiple Listing System, to internet marketing and any other programs my Action Plan will have an impact on your home sale.
No one of the six factors alone controls the timely sale of your home. As your agent I will provide you with
- Feedback from prospects who have visited your home
- Changes in market conditions
Your willingness or ability to make adjustments in price, terms or condition based on the information provided will be the final determinant as to how quickly your home will sell.
The Kruschkas are long term Prince William County residents with more than 30 years experience as real estate professionals serving Woodbridge, Manassas, Dumfries, Manassas Park, Bristow, Brentsville, Gainesville and Haymarket
Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS
If you plan to buy or sell a Prince William County home or property contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-499-9279. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.
For homes in eastern Prince William County see Ashland, Brittany, Eagles Pointe, Lake Ridge, Lake Terrapin. Lynnwood, Meadowbrook Woods, Montclair, Old Bridge Estates, Port Potomac, Port Potomac Homes For Sale Updated Hourly , Potomac Club, River Falls, Rollingwood Village, Saratoga Hunt, Wellington, Westridge and Winding Creek Estates
For Springfield area homes see Cardinal Forest, Cardinal Forest Condominiums, Charlestown, Daventry, Greentree Village, Kings Park, Newington Forest, Orange Hunt Estates, Rolling Valley, Saratoga, West Springfield Village and Winter Forest